Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: 6.0 bug

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 15:53:38 -0700

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 09:04:47AM -0400, Scott Schmit wrote:
None of the default scans appear to be working. It is not able to ping
any of the hosts. Removed 6.0 and reinstalled 5.5 and was able to ping
and define open ports and other command line switches. Tried multiple
host, and verified they were up and pingable from this host. I would
be willing to answer other question if need. Just email if you like.

We need some more information from you, please. What operating system
are you using? What scan options are you using? Please include a sample
of the erroneous output you see.

What is the output of "nmap --iflist" and "nmap --route-dst
scanme.nmap.org"?

David Fifield