Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: New Script Ideas (and Authors) Wanted!

From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 18:53:30 +0100

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 5:47 PM, Littlefield, Tyler <tyler () tysdomain com>wrote:

Hello:
I've had a few years of experience with programming, but NMAP is a new
deal for me. I always have it installed and use it for the most basic of
port scans, usually a host discovery across a network, but I would like to
use my programming skills to help out the project.

This said:
1) Is there anyone that would be willing to mentor me at least a bit, help
me find things I could work on that are entry-level and would help me get a
better understanding of nmap while also contributing to the project?
2) Should someone not have the time to mentor, ideas for entry-level
projects (preferably small for the time being) would be awesome.

--

Take care,
Ty

Sent from my toaster.

Hi Ty,

In case you would like to help out writing new or improving existing script
I can help you get started.
I've written a script or two and know my way around NSE and Lua. Drop me a
line off-list in case you're interested.

Cheers,
Patrik
--
Patrik Karlsson