Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nping Safe Payload Fuzzing

From: Colin L Rice <ricec2 () rpi edu>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 21:13:05 -0800

Hi,

So I swapped nping to use safe payloads by default and then set up some fuzzing scripts to make sure it is secure.

Sadly, after getting the basic fuzzing written I suddenly got busy with other code and was unable to track down the actual bugs.

The branch is in https://svn.nmap.org/nmap-exp/colin-packet-fuzz and it basically only works on 64 bit linux. There is some nasty static linking.

You also need to install the scapy-com repo since I fixed some bugs in scapy's fuzzing.

Running the tests are pretty simple assuming it will work.

make test

However since I'm not running the executable inside valgrind I never actually got a stacktrace of what is crashing.

If someone has the time to track down the crashes great. If they don't I'll get around to it soonish.

-Colin