Nmap Development mailing list archives

NMAP zenmap fails on MacOSX 10.7.2

From: Paul A Roberts <proberts () teleport com>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 00:58:36 -0800

Hi,

Installed the latest stable version [nmap-5.51.dmg] MacOSX but it appears to be broken at least on 10.7.2.

Command line seems fine.  App appears in launchpad.  However, when you launch it it claims "Zenmap wants to make
changes" .  You type the system password and the app just dies with nothing further.  It repeats this each time it's
launched.  X11 is installed (XCode) and I can run GIMP just fine.

I haven't searched for this issue.  Sorry if it's already documented but I'm in a hurry and almost always use the
command line.  I just wanted to see the GUI and no luck.

Thanks.

PS Mac Mini 2.7 Core I7