Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: ncat: patch that adds socks5 support - allows to proxy IPv6 connections

From: Marek Lukaszuk <m.lukaszuk () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 09:46:16 +0200

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 09:18, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:

Hi, Marek. I've asked Shinnok to review this patch as a feature creeper.
Something I'd like to see is the SOCKS negotiations moved into separate
functions to reduce function length and indentation depth.

I'm already working on this, I've standardized variables between http
proxy and socks proxy, moved socks4 and socks5 code to a separate
functions. Currently I'm trying to figure out how to change the logic
so that you can proxy IPv6 over IPv4 even if IPv6 is not supported on
the local system. I also would like to allow for the proxy to do the
name resolution if a hostname is specified on the command line. This
will probably be a bit bigger patch then this is, so if you want you
can hold of for a week or so. Once I'm done with this I will try to
allow ncat to be socks proxy server.

Marek