Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: ncat: patch that adds socks5 support - allows to proxy IPv6 connections

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 00:18:18 -0700

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 01:02:26PM +0200, Marek Lukaszuk wrote:
Hi,

Hope this will be useful. Currently because of the way ncat is
handling address families you can't proxy IPv6 addresses via IPv4
proxy.  If I will have time I will try to correct this also.
This is my first patch, so any suggestion for improvement are very
much welcomed.

Hi, Marek. I've asked Shinnok to review this patch as a feature creeper.
Something I'd like to see is the SOCKS negotiations moved into separate
functions to reduce function length and indentation depth.

David Fifield