Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Cleaning the Win build

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 18:35:49 -0700

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 01:32:07PM +0200, Gisle Vanem wrote:

Okay, but now I see that Ncrack includes nbase and nsock in it's
local source tree.  If we modify the nbase/nsock headers in Nmap's
SVN-repo, I guess we don't need to update nbase/nsock headers in
Ncracks' repo. But as those 2 copies of file-sets are kept on users
SVN-repos, they seems to be doing dual work and just adding to the
confusion. Not a big deal for me, but why couldn't nbase/nsock be
physically kept outside Nmap/Ncrack source-trees? Maybe Subversion
is able to do that..

SVN doesn't make this as clear as it could, but nsock and nbase are
configured as svn "externals" of Nmap and Ncrack.  So /nmap/nsock and
/ncrack/nsock are both really just /nsock (nbase is the same way).

Thanks for sending the patch.  Are you sure it deletes the
nping_winconfig.h and mswin32/config_win.h files?  I tested that you
patch compiles on my Windows 7 system, but my Linux patch program
didn't like the use of '\' paths in the diff paths.  I don't know if
your diff program can switch those to '/'?  It doesn't really matter
for a patch this small, but could for larger ones.

Cheers,
Fyodor