Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [ncrack] Exclude accounts

From: ithilgore - <ithilgore.ryu.l () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 17:35:21 +0300

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 11:30 PM, ambarisha b <b.ambarisha () gmail com> wrote:
Right. I think we should also have a command line parameter to
manually exclude user accounts along with an automatic way. It will
give a finer control over which user accounts are tried. There might
be an account on the target box that I don't want to force or don't
want to get stuck at. Correct me if I am wrong, but the accounts are
tried in the order that they are listed. So, if I want to crack an
account that comes below one which I can afford to skip, I won't have
to wait. What do you say?

Indeed, your point about avoiding a potential lock-out of a critical
account is important.
I will note down the task of adding this option in the TODO list.

-- ithilgore