Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: disable valid IPv4 address check to allow scanning Hamachi (5.0.0.0/8) targets?

From: SM <sm () resistor net>
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2011 15:08:51 -0700

At 14:51 02-04-2011, Brolin Empey wrote:
When I try scanning an Hamachi client's 5.0.0.0/8 IP address, nmap states "doArp can only handle IPv4 addresses" and aborts. I know this is because Hamachi's assignment of 5.0.0.0/8 IP addresses is unofficial, but it would be nice if the valid IPv4 address check could be disabled so Hamachi clients and other hosts with unofficially-assigned IP addresses could still be scanned.

ping 5.0.0.1

Regards,
-sm