Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] ip-geolocation

From: Gorjan Petrovski <mogi57 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 19:39:36 +0200

Hi Jacob,

I talked to the mentors about your idea of adding RIR, LIR local
database files. They like the idea a lot and would definitely accept
such a NSE script (Lua) in the script library that Nmap ships with.
However, they've decided that I as a GSoC participant should redirect
my time working on other scripts so as to contribute more to the
breadth of the library, but you (and anyone) for that matter is
encouraged to write such a script since it would make for a great
addition to Nmap.

As for the BGP data, I'm curious about which databases (or other
sources) you would use?  I reviewed the bgpmon-info[1] on the
Script_Ideas page recently and I had a feeling that BGP data could be
used for something awesome like this.

[1]https://secwiki.org/w/Nmap/Script_Ideas#bgpmon-info

Best Regards,
Gorjan