Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Google Summer of Code Nmap Ideas Wanted!

From: "Bruno" <bgs1714 () ono com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 11:34:00 +0100

Hi, I'd like some additions to Nmap in the target acquisition area. I
sent an email to the list some months ago about adding some stuff LIKE
maltego has in terms of automation of target research. I repeat I don't
mean doing a clone of Maltego embedded into Nmap, I just want:

        -all the whois, DNS zone transfers and queries usually done by scripts
or maltego or scripts for DNS bruteforcing of host names, automatically
done for any IP, host name, and domain you enter or select.

        -IP ranges shown for any IP, host name, and domain. IP ranges have to
be treated and showed so that IPs or a subrange can be selected for DNS
investigation or Nmap targeting.

        -a way to represent those elements in a meaningful way, like all the
IPs sorted so that you can see what hostnames go with which ip and
showed in a manner that you can figure out which IPs and hosts are
outsourced or lie in different networks given the pattern on IP
numbering. Probably this would work better in a GUI environment, I'm
using a tree that self expands when an entity is selected to represent
this (or I will do, once I start working on this again and finish it)

        -A way to select those elements for scanning in Nmap so that you can
select interesting targets like single out IPs that look like routers to
networks or maybe proxies or that just stand out for  some reason. A
point and click approach is what I have in mind here.

        I'm actually thinking about a GUI kinda deal here and that's what I'm
actually working on.

                Thanks and enjoy your day!