Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Google Summer of Code Nmap Ideas Wanted!

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 22:54:09 +0100

2011/3/13 Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>:
[...]
Please take a look, and let nmap-dev (or me) know if you have any
other ideas to consider.  Or if you have improvements (or
clarification requests or even just typo discoveries) in the items
already on the list, we'd like to hear those too.

Hi,

There is something I would really appreciate to see investigated
again: the use of modern IO management functions like poll, epoll,
kqueue/kevent... within nsock.

I have read in todo/nmap.txt that someone already attempted to do such
a thing but faced performance issues due to the architecture of nsock.

I don't know the details of the problem. Would it worth reconsidering this?

Cheers,
Fyodor

Regards

--