Nmap Development mailing list archives

nmap in GSoC - student idea

From: Hiemanshu Sharma <hiemanshu () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 08:33:48 +0530

Hello everyone. My name is Hiemanshu, and I am student in India doing my
engineering here. I contribute to The Fedora Project and play quite a few
different roles for them. (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Hiemanshu)
I am interested in the Zenmap redesign Idea. I have experience with using
nmap and zenmap and also writing GUIs. I am currently a co-maintainer of the
Fedora Security Lab spin (http://spins.fedoraproject.org/security/) which is
also being recommended by OSSTMM for their course work. I have a good python
and PyQt knowledge with the help of which I am planning on redesigning the
Zenmap GUI. I am still working on a rough sketch and a few more ideas
regarding the redesign, once I have something concrete I will be back with
my ideas.

-H

P.S. Just some stuff I wrote in my free time :

https://github.com/hiemanshu/komedia ( A comic reader, code is still a work
in progress)
https://github.com/hiemanshu/pyqrencode ( A GUI to generate QRCodes, you
need the qrencode command line program installed for it to work)
https://github.com/hiemanshu/qrencoder (A plasmoid to the above program)
https://github.com/hiemanshu/exkayseedee ( A game written to check your XKCD
skills)