Nmap Development mailing list archives

GSOC 2011 Nmap ideas and proposals for me

From: Kirill Sukhorukov <kirill.suhorukov () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 08:39:29 +0600

Hello everybody!

I am very interested in many fields of Nmap project:

1) Web scanning
2) Vulnerability and exploitation
3) Discovery scanning

And IPv6 features implementation (OS fingerprinting, ICMPv6, issue with
ip-range scanning)

I have a solid background in security audit, programming, system
administration and networking.

   * C
            --> Fault tolerant network applications.
            --> Multicore programming(OpenMP/MPI/CUDA)

            --> + hreads, forks, semaphores, shared memory programming
experience.

   * C++ fundamentals

   * Perl scripting

   * PHP / AJAX / HTML+CSS

            --> Have a status of Zend Certificated PHP 5 Engineer

   * Databases (MySQL / PostgreSQL)

   * Knowledge of IPv4 protocols stack, static and dynamic routing (RIP,
OSPF, EGRP), VLAN management on CISCO equipment.
   * Theoretical knowledge regarding IPv6

   * Windows / *NIX administration

 I have not participated in open source projects yet, but have a burning
desire to fix this
 and contribute my summer energy and power in order to make nmap better.

Will glad to get any suggestions/hints/advices/links related to the best use
of my skills in borders of Nmap project.

Thank you.