Nmap Development mailing list archives

Windows 7

From: Christian Savalas <csavalas () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 01:01:18 -0800

Hi there,

I have pulled my hair out on this one for quite some time now, but
never wanted to bother you guys with it. Basically, I assumed I would
figure it out at some point, but never have. I am running Windows 7 64
bit, and have tried installing the past three revisions of the Nmap
for Windows Installer binary, as they have been released.  I receive
no errors upon installation and no errors upon execution of Nmap or
Zenmap. Despite this, regardless of which address I scan, (even
scanme.nmap.org) I am told that 0  hosts are up. I have tried every
main type of scan: stealth, regular, ping, to no avail. In addition,
the output of the scans do not cite any error messages/codes. To
troubleshoot, I have disabled the Windows firewall service,
temporarily disabled Avira (my Antivirus), reset the TCP/IP stack
through an elevated command prompt, installed previous 4.x versions of
winpcap, ensured that nmap and zenmap are being run as administrator,
updated the drivers for my wireless/wired network adapters, and
ensured that Windows was properly updated. It really makes no sense. I
would love to get Nmap running on this system, as I have used it since
early XP days. I hope you guys can help me!

All my best,

Christo