Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Zenmap Crashing and CPU Utilisation hangs at 50%

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 13:35:16 -0800

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 05:42:37PM +0000, Ray Middleton wrote:
I tried the latest development release nmap-5.36TEST3-setup.exe but it still
crashes out for me when doing big scans.  If this is not what you mean by
r21875 could you point me in the right direction to find it?

I have noticed with this release it is using more CPU power, spiking up to
60-80% but eventually coming back to 50% where it is hanging and not
responding.

5.36TEST3 is not new enough. There's no release yet with the fixes I
checked in yesterday. r21875 is a revision number in our Subversion
repository. Rob is building from source code, but if you don't do that
you can get this fix with the next release.

David Fifield