Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Thoughts on script documentation

From: "Jan-Oliver Wagner" <Jan-Oliver.Wagner () greenbone net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 09:21:28 +0100

On Mittwoch, 5. Januar 2011, Fyodor wrote:
Because of these limitations in the "svn up; make" update system, we
may introduce a formal feed for Nmap script and data files at some
point.  But deciding on the best way to do this will take a lot of
thought.  And we'll have to either add features for recognizing
incompatibilities (e.g. scripts which use features which aren't
available in the user's version of Nmap) or we'll have to include new
executables in the update feed too.

The latter is the path to the dark side of the force ... ;-)

Best

        Jan