Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Adding new NSE discovered targets to Nmap

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 07:47:51 -0500

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 01:09:03 -0700 Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org> wrote:
I agree as well.  We need to figure out how to make this work for a
useful script, then we can check the broadcast change in along with
the new script.  As Patrik notes, we still have a problem with
receiving responses in some cases.  Maybe someone can look at what API
calls the real dhclient and "ping -b" applications use.

Cheers,
Fyodor
I submitted a script last week that does a DHCP broadcast. I hardcoded my router's IP into the script awaiting proper
broadcast support, all it needs is a quick update.

I've re-attached the script. It needs more updates now, since I wrote a DHCP library, but makes a decent PoC script
anyways.

I'm pretty sure that in this particular case, PCAP is the only way to get the response because, as I mentioned earlier,
it's returned to the wrong ip address.
--
Ron Bowes
http://www.skullsecurity.org