Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Adding new NSE discovered targets to Nmap

From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 18:22:31 +0200

On 13 aug 2010, at 17.40, Daniel Miller wrote:

On 08/12/2010 04:02 PM, Ron wrote:
On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 22:52:38 +0200 Patrik Karlsson<patrik () cqure net>
wrote:

About broadcast in NSE, do you need to do something to set
SO_BROADCAST on the socket or is this taken care of?

I'm *guessing* that's the issue, and I remember talking about enabling SO_BROADCAST on the list in the past. I don't
think NSE has the ability to enable SO_BROADCAST, but I could be wrong.

//Patrik

SO_BROADCAST support was added to nsock, but is off by default. From nsock/include/nsock.h:

  /* Turns on or off broadcast support on new sockets. Default is off
      (0, false) set in nsp_new(). Any non-zero (true) value sets
      SO_BROADCAST on all new sockets (value of optval will be used
  directly
      in the setsockopt() call */
  void nsp_setbroadcast(nsock_pool nsp, int optval);

nsp_new() is called for NSE in nse_nsock.cc in luaopen_nsock(). To enable broadcast, a call to nsp_setbroadcast()
must be made after that call.

Thanks Dan!
I guess this is not currently possible and would require an additional function (eg: setbroadcast in nse_nsock.cc)
accessible to NSE Lua right?

Dan

//Patrik
--