Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap doesn't work on Windows 7

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 07:45:28 -0600

On Mon, Aug 09, 2010 at 10:24:46AM +0530, vikas ruhil wrote:
(1)okay thanks ,but would i use window xp or window wista over window for using
NMAP on my system.please reply me i have to work on my university project that
given on nmap.please help!.
(2)also on another other system  i have redhat ok tell is this correct version
for leraning with nmap ?

You need to give us more information. We cannot help you unless you tell
us exactly what the problem is. Please copy what you see on the screen
when you try to run Nmap and send it in another email.

Red Hat is fine for learning Nmap. Follow the instructions at
http://nmap.org/book/inst-linux.html#inst-rpm.

David Fifield