Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Zenmap Problem

From: "Rob Nicholls" <robert () robnicholls co uk>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 09:27:52 +0100

Hi David,

You're right, it's something I regularly see if I scan the entire local
subnet and don't try to exclude myself. If I'm doing the default port range
I end up with a very long scan report full of "unknown" ports for my host
that gets in the way of the handful of ports I want to read about for the
rest of the subnet.

It's probably non-trivial, but would it be possible or preferable for Nmap
to omit/skip the scan report for the localhost? If it's skipped because
"Skipping SYN Stealth Scan against 192.168.1.16 because Windows does not
support scanning your own machine (localhost) this way" then it's always
going to show "unknown" for every port.

Rob