Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: status report #6 of 15

From: Felix Wolfsteller <felix.wolfsteller () intevation de>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 14:41:05 +0200

On Tuesday 08 June 2010 19:16:55 kirubakaran S wrote:
* Finished parsing script.db and obtained metadata from scripts
* The obtained metsdata are stored in the format
<filename,category,Description,License,Author,Arguments,URL>--

  After discussion with David,we finally ended up with executable program
script-metada.py.

This program obtains script metadata like
scriptname,categories,Description,Author,License,
URL of NSEDoc. This is the prototype program for our script selection
interface.

**Obtain the program by
svn co  svn://svn.insecure.org/nmap-exp/kirubakaran

The repository does not seem to be autonously accessible.

**Run the executable python program script-metadata.py
Move into checked out Directory
    on windows, by double clicking it
    on Linux, using ./script-metadata.py
(Please make sure, NMAPDIR environment variable is set to locate the Nmap
datafiles)

**sample output:
FileName:afp-brute.nse
category: ['auth', 'intrusive']