Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: bug in svn 17300

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 16:49:45 -0600

On Sat, May 08, 2010 at 10:55:34PM +0100, jah wrote:
On 06/05/2010 22:38, David Fifield wrote:
Thanks, that confirms my suspicion. Changing the probe was probably
enough to avoid triggering whatever IDS rule was causing the bogus ICMP
response to be sent. Anyway, I've added EPROTO to the list of known
error code (that won't cause Nmap to abort) in r17488.

I'm getting a compiler error because of EPROTO:

..\service_scan.cc(2271) : error C2065: 'EPROTO' : undeclared identifier

I can't find a windows equivalent for EPROTO and from a quick google,
there doesn't seem to be one defined for BSD variants either (for
example [1] and [2]) so perhaps the EPROTO case in service_scan should
be wrapped in an ifdef directive as in the attached patch.

Sound OK?

Looks great, please do.

David Fifield