Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: CouchDB scripts

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 10:28:30 -0700

On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 10:25:21AM -0700, David Fifield wrote:
On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 09:21:28PM +0100, Martin Holst Swende wrote:
David Fifield wrote:
On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 09:17:41PM +0100, Martin Holst Swende wrote:

A Couchdb library and scripts is now finished(at least in alpha). It
consists of :
* json.lua - library for parsing json
* couchdb-databases.nse - script which get database info
* couchdb-get-stats.nse - script which get some runtime statistics from
the database.

Sample output is below (the bottom one may be a bit verbose - perhaps I
should compact that a bit.

The scripts can be found at the same place (or via hg pull ; hg update).
For future reference : would you rather I send files via email ?

Thanks. These scripts will be good ones to have. I tested it against
CouchDB installed fresh from MacPorts. The first time running after
starting the server I see

PORT     STATE SERVICE
5984/tcp open  unknown
|_couchdb-get-stats:
|_couchdb-databases:

The second and every following time I run the script, I get
[snip]

No, I have no idea. I don't suppose you kept the -d3 log showing the
traffic ?

I attached the debug output and packet captures. It looks like the first
time, the server is returning the empty object {}, and it returns real
data after that. I think your script is handling is properly, but I
don't know why the server would do that. Maybe a bug?

Sorry, here are the attachments. couchdb-get-stats-1.* is the first run
against a newly started server, and counchdb-get-stats-2.* is the second
run.

David Fifield