Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: How to make a manual PMTU discovery

From: "Rob Nicholls" <robert () robnicholls co uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 10:41:01 -0000

I think Dirk is after a Windows based tool (although he could probably use
Cygwin?). I've not used it, but this Windows tool appears to be similar in
functionality to tracepath:

http://www.elifulkerson.com/projects/mturoute.php

mturoute.exe is a small command line application that uses ICMP pings of
various sizes in order to determine the MTU values on the path between
itself and the target system. It also includes a "traceroute" like mode
where it will attempt to determine the lowest MTU between the local host and
each hop in the communication.

It might be what you're looking for.

Rob