Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Quake 3 query script submission

From: Mak Kolybabi <mak () kolybabi com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 17:05:55 -0600

On 2010-01-18 12:35, David Fifield wrote:
If you know of a probe for server status or something like that, send it to us
and we may add it to nmap-service-probes. If it's a safe probe without side
effects, we can add it to the UDP payloads list too. That will make scanning
for game servers quick and accurate.

I've decided to give up on that script. Instead, as suggested, I've made a
number of service probes that can detect the game servers. For example:

PORT      STATE SERVICE     VERSION
26000/udp open  nexuiz      Nexuiz
27960/udp open  urbanterror Urban Terror ioQ3 1.35urt freebsd-amd64 Sep  6 2009

The patch for nmap-service-probes is attached. The ports defined for these
probes are usually the default ports the servers use, with some wiggle room on
either side.

These probes should not have any side effects.

--
Matthew Anthony Kolybabi (Mak)
<mak () kolybabi com>

() ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Against HTML e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org  | Against proprietary extensions