Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSE suggestion

From: kx <kxmail () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 23:17:04 -0400

Short answer: No.

Medium answer: Not really, because of Kris' raw-ip patch.

Longer answer: I had a reason once:

I thought about making a path-mtu script because someone asked about
path-mtu once.
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2010/q1/322

For some reason I just wanted to write it using raw packets, and to do
that on Windows I knew I needed to write raw ethernet frames, thus
needing the gateway mac.

Then Kris wrote the raw-ip patch for his script
http://nmap.org/nsedoc/scripts/ipidseq.html

So I really didn't need it.

Then I started thinking that I might not need raw-ip at all, if I can
set IP_DONTFRAG from  NSE.

Sadly, I just haven't returned to my shell of a script to tinker, but
I would appreciate any recommendations, especially if anyone thinks it
would be useful at all.

Sorry that was probably less than helpful.

Cheers,
  kx