Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap.bind to set NSE socket source address

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 18:48:49 -0500

On 10/11/2009 06:11 PM, David Fifield wrote:
Ron, I added the function nmap.bind in r15813. In the DHCP script you
will use it like this:

        try(socket:bind(nil, 68))

Let me know if it provides what you need.

David Fifield
Hi David,

The changes work as advertised, thanks for making them!

I am, however, still having a problem, and it's because of something I hadn't counted on in the protocol. When I wrote the dhcp-discover script, I was using DHCPINFORM, which comes directly back to my ip address. However, I just realized that DHCPDISCOVER doesn't come back to me; rather, it comes back to 255.255.255.255.

Take a look at the attached .pcap file -- I did DHCPINFORM, which worked fine with the changes, then I did DHCPDISCOVER, which didn't.

Do you know if there's any way to receive broadcast packets without a pcap?

Thanks!
Ron

--
Ron Bowes