Nmap Development mailing list archives

Contributing to Nmap development

From: Ravipriya Thushara <rthushara () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 15:18:26 +0530

Dear sir,

       I'm a undergraduate student from University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.
Im studying in my 3rd academic year (I'm studying a 4 year degree program on
Computer Science and Engineering). In this academic year I have to join to
an open source project and contribute to it for 12 weeks. I can choose any
open source project based on my interest. My instructors will evaluate my
work at the end.
       I'm interested lot in computer and network security and I'm hoping to
do my project related on that. So I think Nmap is a great place to join and
work with. But I want some help from you to understand the current
development status of Nmap and what you are expecting to do.
         I have considerable amount of knowledge on Computer security and
Networking. Also I'm CCNA certified recently. I have being using Nmap for
about 6 months. I'm experienced in C/C++ programming too. So please  send me
some help me with some starting points to start with.
        Thank you.
         Ravipriya Thushara.