Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [Unmask Parasites. Blog.] "Dynamic DNS and Botnet of Zombie Web Servers"

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 20:02:30 -0500

On 09/13/2009 07:36 PM, David Fifield wrote:
I understand now. Here is what I got. The first server redirects to the
second, which redirects to a third, which redirects back to the second.

$ ./nmap --script=http-infected -F 174.143.25.37 -v

That's the same type of behaviour I observed. They must have some mechanism of finding each other, but that's beyond what I'm looking at.

Right now, the script gives folks a way to detect if their own servers have been "infected" by this software.

Think it's useful enough to add to svn?

Ron

--
Ron Bowes