Nmap Development mailing list archives

Request for ssh dumps

From: ithilgore <ithilgore.ryu.l () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 08:37:49 +0300

Hello nmap-dev,
 Since I 've been finishing up the openssh library for Ncrack, I would like to
check if there is any strange behaviour amongst different SSH implementations
out there. Specifically, I would really be glad if someone provided me with some
dumps against some Cisco ssh server or perhaps other exotic implementations. The
dumps don't need to have any packets after the encryption phase. This means that
I only want to see the packet exchange up to the part of the diffie-hellman key
exchange and just before the first encrypted packet leaves on the wire. You can
also mask any IPs in the dumps, if they belong to internet-routable boxes.
Ideally the dumps should come from wireshark so that I can check the payloads
(of course nothing posing any kind of risk can be extracted out of them).

BTW, I have already encountered slightly different behaviour between the OpenSSH
server and the dropbear SSH server.

Thanks,
ithilgore