Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Help me understand

From: Michael Pattrick <mpattrick () rhinovirus org>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 23:23:02 -0400

Hello Adrian,

Are you running Windows Vista? If so, to quote a popular response:
"Make sure you are running as an administrator. I think you
right-click on the icon and select "Run as administrator" "
From: http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2009/q2/0829.html

Nmap requires administrative rights to access your Ethernet card(eth6,
in this case).

Your second question has to do with network address translation. More
info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_address_translation

Michael Pattrick
https://www.rhinovirus.org

Unrelated, its too bad the UAC patch was never applied. It might
reduce much pain and suffering.
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2008/q2/0097.html