Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: favicon survey script

From: Joao Correa <joao () livewire com br>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 22:00:35 -0300

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 9:08 PM, kx<kxmail () gmail com> wrote:
Sorry if this is duplicative, but I just googled for some of the
hashes Brandon posted:

72702 hash/D41D8CD98F00B204E9800998ECF8427E - (empty file) - Kost had this
25779 hash/9CEAE7A3C88FC451D59E24D8D5F6F166 - "Plesk managed system"

see: http://cirt.net/nikto/UPDATES/2.03/db_favicon

Funny enough, when you google for several of these hashes, it turns up
cached pages of phpshells that apparently md5 favicons.

Based on the URLs Brandon gave, here is another:

EC49973C1991BF39FCDB53260467F39F Parallels® H-Sphere
www.parallels.com:80

I'll grab the file, and if I get time, I will try out a few more tomorrow.

Cheers,
 kx