Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: favicon survey script

From: Vlatko Kosturjak <kost () linux hr>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 22:37:39 +0200

David Fifield wrote:
The hash A8FE5B8AE2C445A33AC41B33CCC9A120 is by far the most common one
I found in my scanning, and I think in Brandon's too. Just like you
noted, it is really HTML text:
It would be good to know what software produces this. There's an entry
in nmap-service-probes that matches it, for "Arris cm450 cable modem
http config". My guess is that it's probably broader than that, given
its prevalence.

I suspect it is some kind of small web server (for embeded devices).
From previous talks on this mailing list, it seems like http server
which doesn't respect HTTP protocol:
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2008/q2/0731.html

Kost