Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Choosing a list of scripts (NSE), but ignored by nmap.

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 16:39:04 -0500

Richard Miles wrote:
Hi Ron, Brandon and David! Thanks for help.

Ron, it's executing some scripts, see:

SCRIPT ENGINE: Initialized 44 rules
SCRIPT ENGINE: Matching rules.
SCRIPT ENGINE: Will run /usr/share/nmap/scripts/promiscuous.nse against 10.0.0.2
SCRIPT ENGINE: Will run /usr/share/nmap/scripts/nbstat.nse against 10.0.0.2
SCRIPT ENGINE: Will run /usr/share/nmap/scripts/SSHv1-support.nse
against 10.0.0.2
SCRIPT ENGINE: Will run /usr/share/nmap/scripts/showSSHVersion.nse
against 10.0.0.2
SCRIPT ENGINE: Will run /usr/share/nmap/scripts/rpcinfo.nse against 10.0.0.2
SCRIPT ENGINE: Will run
/usr/share/nmap/scripts/RealVNC_auth_bypass.nse against 10.0.0.2
SCRIPT ENGINE: Running scripts.
SCRIPT ENGINE: Runlevel: 1.000000

But see what strange. The port 139 and 445 tcp is opened, and it's not
running the netbios-smb-os-discovery for example.

Also, I updated it again, the script.db it with the today date. But
look that strange, I do not have the script for example to check for
conflicker. Wired not?

Brandon thanks for the trick, I made it, but the result is the same.

David, no other install. I looked manual to this dirs and also made a
find in all the disc, only this nmap install.

Thanks.

Hi Richard,

Are you using the latest version of Nmap (4.85betaX or SVN HEAD)?

If not, make sure you are. There have been significant improvements in scripting since then. The smb-check-vulns script wasn't even included until 4.85beta4ish.

Then, try using smb-os-discovery as a script -- netbios-smb-os-discovery doesn't exist.

Hope that helps
Ron