Nmap Development mailing list archives

Documentation Request for 4.85 on Windows

From: "DePriest, Jason R." <jrdepriest () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 15:02:24 -0600

Would it be possible to include the nroff man pages for nmap, zenmap,
ncat, and ndiff with the Window redistributable?

I run my scans under a Cygwin bash prompt.  Currently, I copy the man
pages from a linux system to my Windows boxes so I can just man nmap
or whatever from a prompt to get the information.

I know Windows itself doesn't have a 'man' function, but since it is
suggested to use Cygwin in the Windows binary section of the download
page, it would make sense to include them.

Just having them in a /docs directory where I would have to manually
put them in /usr/share/man/man1 would be okay with me.  That would be
easier than copying them from another computer completely.

When it was just nmap, I could always wget the man page from the
insecure.org site, but I don't see the zenmap, ncat or ndiff man pages
up there yet.

Thanks.

-Jason