Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap 4.85BETA3

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 09:02:59 -0700

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 10:26:37AM -0500, Verde Denim wrote:
On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 1:48 AM, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 07:41:37PM -0800, Fyodor wrote:
I've posted the goods on the Nmap download page at
http://nmap.org/download.html .  We don't have a Mac installer yet,
but I'm sure David will make one soon.

nmap-4.85BETA3.dmg is there now.

Can B3 be applied to B2 or do I need to un-install B2 ?

You should be able to install a newer version over an older version;
it's what I always do. The Mac Installer application doesn't have an
uninstall option anyway. The only problem I can think of is that you
might have outdated scripts lying around. The installer only touches
files in /usr/local/bin, /usr/local/share/man, /usr/local/share/nmap,
and /Applications/Zenmap.app, so you can clean out those directories if
necessary.

David Fifield