Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap-4.85b1 >> zenmap.exe : librsvg-2-2.dll not found!

From: "Rob Nicholls" <robert () everythingeverything co uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 10:05:59 -0000 (UTC)

I think you're right that the directory change is causing the problem. I
set up the py2exe subdirectory so that both Zenmap and Ndiff could share
the same Python runtime on Windows.

I only spotted after I'd posted that Ndiff also installed the py2exe
folder and python26.dll, it certainly makes sense to share the same folder
(as long as both are built using the same versions) to avoid unnecessary
duplicate files.

I think it was more of a lucky coincidence, but it looks like Python 2.6
no longer requires msvcr71.dll because the version of Python was built
using Visual C++ 2008 - the same version of the runtime components that
Nmap is currently installing when we build the Windows binaries. The
installers for Zenmap and Ndiff don't try to install the C++ runtime
components. Hopefully anyone installing them will also have installed the
Nmap core files at the same time. Is it worth adding a check to see if the
runtimes have been installed, in case people opt to install just Ndiff,
for example?

This bit of code could be made not to try loading SVGs on
Windows as a workaround.

David Fifield

Although not ideal, that does sound like a cleaner workaround to me. It
also saves having to move a few DLLs into the Nmap folder, which should
make uninstallation less complicated (as an aside, I think 4.85Beta2 won't
currently delete all of the extra DLLs).

Rob