Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap-4.85b1 >> zenmap.exe : librsvg-2-2.dll not found!

From: jah <jah () zadkiel plus com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 22:08:19 +0000

On 27/01/2009 19:48, Rob Nicholls wrote:
Trying to start Zenmap GUI after installing 4.85b1, it won't start stating
it doesn't find "librsvg-2-2.dll"; funny thing is that after verifying the
zenmap.exe process with Sysinternals Process Explorer, a lot of DLLs are
loaded in the directory where the file is! For now, here some infos as I
don't really know what to do to debug further :

Cut:

C:\Program Files\Nmap\py2exe\librsvg-2-2.dll
C:\Program Files\Nmap\py2exe\libgio-2.0-0.dll
C:\Program Files\Nmap\py2exe\libgsf-1-114.dll
C:\Program Files\Nmap\py2exe\libcroco-0.6-3.dll
C:\Program Files\Nmap\py2exe\bzip2.dll

Paste into:

C:\Program Files\Nmap\

Rob

I concur with Rob.  I was able to reproduce this on a clean VM of XP
with both nmap4.85BETA1 and the last svn revision I built myself.
On my main machine though I have no problem with the search for dlls.
It turns out that svg_loader.dll is finding the required dll's in my
C:\GTK\bin folder and not from nmap/py2exe which I imagine is the reason
I've not noticed a problem with zenmap since the directory changes.

There is another possible solution for windows users.  Adding a registry
key named "zenmap.exe" to
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\ and adding a
String value (REG_SZ) named "Path" with a value of (for example)
"C:\Program Files\Nmap\py2exe" will cause the value to be added to the
PATH environment variable when zenmap is loaded (I believe it's
prepended to the path).
I've tried it on XP SP0 and SP3 and it works (though on my main machine
the dlls always load from C:\GTK\bin even though I've removed this path
from my PATH!).  It works, even though this MSDN document [1] seems to
suggest it shouldn't and if it does work for all versions of windows for
which nmap is available, the registry key might be added by the NSIS
installer.

I've attached zenmap.reg which will add the key to the registry for
testing purposes.

Regards,

jah

[1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms682586.aspx
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\zennmap.exe]
@=""
"Path"="C:\\Program Files\\Nmap\\py2exe"