Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap Network Scanning Book is Finally Out!

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 21:34:12 -0800

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 07:59:57AM -0800, Aaron Leininger wrote:

I ordered a copy off of Amazon on Monday shortly after seeing on
slashdot that it was available and when I checked yesterday, it wasn't
set to ship til the 15th of December. By the way, when I looked
yesterday at your link that you posted to nmap hackers, the book was
up to #4 on the network books list. I haven't looked today yet.

It made it all the way to become the #1 selling computer book on
Amazon on Tuesday!  I knew that couldn't last, so I took a screen
shot:

http://nmap.org/book/img/nns-top-seller-471x512.png

Sadly, Amazon developed their major stocking problems and that hurt
sales.  Still, it was great to have a port scanning book be #1 for a
while :).  And for people who can't wait a week for it to ship, the
A1Books.Com deal found by Eliah is basically the same price as Amazon
offers.

Cheers,
-F