Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Can not use Syn-scan or any root scan with MacOSX 10.4.11, Nmap 4.76

From: "Perttu Aaltonen" <perttu.aaltonen () peoplegroup fi>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 21:42:20 +0200

Myshkin LeVine <myshlev () verizon net> on 29. marraskuuta 2008 at 7.16 +0200
wrote:
Internet:
Destination        Gateway            Flags    Refs      Use  Netif
Expire
default            10.5.67.1          UGSc        7       16   ppp0
10.5.67.1          141.153.157.101    UH          8        0   ppp0

Hi!

I posted about the same problem some time ago. I also have this issue with
a ppp-connection that uses same type of configuration as yours above.

You can fix the situation by changing your routing table like this, from
the Terminal:

sudo route delete default
sudo route add default 141.153.157.101

Now nmap starts to work and any other connection seems to be unaffected.
Also, if you have Parallels or Vmware you might have to inactivate virtual
interfaces. Hopefully this gets fixed in the future but for the time being
this should help.

Regards,
Perttu Aaltonen