Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] MS08-067 check

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 14:57:43 -0600

David Fifield wrote:
On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 04:07:57PM -0600, Ron wrote:

For what it's worth, I ran it against a patched system and got

Host script results:
|  smb-checkvulns:
|_ Checking ms08-067: Not vulnerable

The only thing I'd suggest is that the output should be on a single line
if it's limited to "Vulnerable" and "Not vulnerable".

David Fifield

Sorry for the delay, I forgot about this email.

My ultimate intention is to add other RPC vulnerability checks (ms04-011, ms03-026, etc) to this, and each would have its own line (or I could just print out what it IS vulnerable to). Check checks will be based on Metasploits -- anybody know if there's a licensing issue?

I can change the output for now, though. I'll do the MS08-067 stuff well before I add more, since it's timely. H D Moore said a couple times that they're working on finding a safer way to check. Hopefully they turn something up.

Ron