Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE] Yet another SMB version!

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 10:38:30 -0500

Hi everybody,

I didn't get a response last time I submitted an updated version of SMB, so I've continued work on cleaning it up/stabilizing/adding features. Not to mention fixing conflicts whenever somebody fixes a typo in my comments! ;)

But anyway, I'm pretty happy with my current version, and I've tested it against every major Windows OS with the different accounts, and they all work (although you definitely get less information out of some, almost none for anonymous accounts unless you're on Windows 2000). But I'd like to get some independent verification to make sure I'm not having a series of lucky chances or something.

So I zipped up what I have and attached it, just extract it into your nmap folder and go (others can probably give you more info about how to "install" it, I generally just copy it to the right folders). Replace any scripts with the same name, they're all mine.

Or, you can grab it off my SVN:

svn co -r281 http://svn.skullsecurity.org:81/ron/security/nmap-ron

Once it's installed, you can run all the scripts at once like this (sorry for the linewrap):

(throw a -v on there for more information)

I'll post the full output of an authenticated scan later, when I'm home from work, but each of the .nse file has a @output section at the top if you can't wait.

Other than that, I hope some of you give it a try and report problems! I want to commit this code as soon as I can, but it's such a big change that I want to get some independent verification that it works!

If you have any trouble using it, or just want to make suggestions in realtime, I'm normally on instant messengers:
AIM: iagox86
MSN: iago () d2backstab com
YIM: ronaldbowes

Feel free to hit me up!