Nmap Development mailing list archives

Zenmap error: Char offset 64 is off the end of the line

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 13:30:19 -0700

I'm happy to report that David's setup.py fix allowed me to create a
working Nmap Windows installer.  I tested Zenmap, and it worked
against scanme.nmap.org.  But then I tried against a machine on my
locan network and it crashed :(.  Here is the command:

nmap -T Aggressive -A flog.yuma.net

Zenmap reported:

--
"Gtk-ERROR **: Char offset 64 is off the end of the line
aborting...

When I clicked OK, I got a new modal dialogue:

--
Runtime Error!

Program: C:\net\nmap\zenmap\zenmap.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
unusual way.  Please contact the application's support team for more
information.
--

When I clicked OK on that one, Zenmap quit.  Since you guys can't scan
flog over the Internet, I'm attaching the output I get when I run the

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Fyodor