Nmap Development mailing list archives

side-by-side config issue

From: Marc-André Turcotte <matmat07 () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 19:43:14 -0400

I tried to install the windows binaries 4.68 version on vista home premium 64x and I get this error when trying to run
nmap.exe (translated from french to english): This application could'nt start because his side-by-side configuration is
incorrect. For more information, look at the application event journal.
From what I read on the internet, it seem to be a problem from visual basic which I should get rid off by installing
VCRedist_x86.exe (it seems it was in the nmap installation file, but for an unknow reason, this file does not get
copyed). I took the latest one from the microsoft website and installed it with no problem, but it still doesn't work,
even after restarting my laptop.
Marc-André Turcotte