Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: BHDC08 Version of Nmap/Zenmap

From: InfoSecSurvivor <infosecsurvivor () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 14:03:59 -0700

David Fifield wrote:
On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 10:12:15PM -0700, InfoSecSurvivor wrote:
Not that this is really an Nmap/Zenmap error, but when trying to compile the BHDC08 version of Nmap/Zenmap on the latest version of Mac OS X I get the following error:

ImportError: No module named pangocairo

Both Pango and Cairo are installed, but I'm not sure about Pangocario? From the little I could find... It is supposed to be automatically created if when both the pango and cario packages are installed. Couldn't find anything concrete.

How did you install Pango and Cairo? If I'm not mistaken pangocairo gets
built when the Pango configure script correctly finds Cairo. If you
compiled Pango yourself, check the configure output and see if it
enables the Cairo backend.

David Fifield

Any ideas?  Has anybody been able to compile this on Mac OS X?

Running Zenmap on OS X is hard because OS X doesn't come with a lot of
dependencies that are taken for granted on the free Unixes. For our
binary packages (http://nmap.org/download.html#macosx) we use MacPorts
to build the dependencies and special scripts in /macosx and
/zenmap/install_scripts/macosx to do the build.

David Fifield

Hello. I have been using MacPorts to attempt to compile this thing. Pango is install, cairo is installed. Pycairo is installed (thought that could be it.) Is it possible I need pango-devel? Or, is there a variant... Command-line option or something I need to specify to force pangocairo to build?

Thanks All,

-Chris