Nmap Development mailing list archives

NMAP scripts

From: <adam.bull () bt com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 10:16:17 +0100

Hi guys

Not a fault as such more of a question / recommendation, I want to be able to run the nmap script WHOIS and harvest a
list of IP addresses in a range but I don't want to connect to the targets at all - just run the script!.

I've looked through the help file and there's seems to be no way I can just run the script without having to at least
ping or send a "-sS -p80" is it possible to run the script without having to make any connection to the target kinda
the opposite what nmap was built for but hey.

Thanks

Adam Bull
IT Security Analyst
BT Group Engineering Services (BT GES)

* adam.bull () bt com | * +44 (0)1473 608784 | * +44 (0)7918884525
* PP4/10, Orion Building, Adastral Park, Martlesham Heath, Ipswich, IP5 3RE, UK.

BT Group plc
Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
Registered in England and Wales no. 4190816
This electronic message contains information from BT Group plc which may be privileged or confidential. The information
is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient be
aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have
received this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or email (to the numbers or address above)
immediately. Activity and use of the BT Group plc E-mail system is monitored to secure its effective operation and for
other lawful business purposes. Communications using this system will also be monitored and may be recorded to secure
effective operation and for other lawful business purposes.