Nmap Development mailing list archives

Major SIPOptions probe reorganisation

From: doug () hcsw org
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 22:29:07 -0700

Hi all,

Just letting anyone interested know that I have checked a major
reorganisation to the SIPOptions probe into SVN. Let me know if
this causes any problems. Here are the changes:

* Moved the probe above the GetRequest probe so that it is applied
  before GetRequest which also has port 5060 listed and has sip
  match lines.
* SIPOptions has a GetRequest fallback to take advantage of the
  sip match lines in GetRequest.
* New service name "sip-proxy" which mirrors other services
  (ie http-proxy, telnet-proxy, ftp-proxy, imap-proxy, etc).
* All match lines are now anchored with ^
* Don't bother reporting status as I believe this is a low-level
  protocol detail and doesn't really affect the service matching.
  It is similar to the "Not Found" in "HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found"
  which could just as easily be "HTTP/1.1 404 didn't find your file".
* Several new match lines for new services that were submitted.
  Thanks to everyone who did.

Doug