Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Service Detection: Goverlan Remote Administration Suite by PJ Technologies - Update

From: Tom Sellers <nmap () fadedcode net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 18:47:20 -0500

Brandon Enright wrote:

Tom,

Looks good.  Sorry to bug you with a few more questions about this
match.

* You don't have a anchor (zero-width assertion) in your match.  Can ^
or $ be added to the match?  Failed matches on expressions without
anchors can be very expensive.  Even something like ^.?.?.?.?<regex>
will speed up failed matches many orders of magnitude if there is a
variable (but short) preamble to where your expression matches.

* You said this will match a GetRequest probe.  Is the "HT" a truncated
version of "HTTP" or something entirely different?

Brandon,

        Thanks again for the responses, I appreciate the feedback.

I have added an ^ anchor to the match and will ensure that my future
match lines have them if possible.  The HT is not part of HTTP in the

Tom