Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Service Detection: BMC Configuration Management - Update

From: Tom Sellers <nmap () fadedcode net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 18:31:21 -0500

Brandon Enright wrote:

Hey Tom, these look pretty good.  I have a few comments:

* You place capturing parens around HTTP... which slow down PCRE.
* You use HTTP/1.0 200 for one match and 1.1 401 for the other.  Can
these codes be returned for just those respective versions of HTTP?
* You can use the same p|| trick to embed '/' that you used with m||.
Any paired delimiter will work (), ##, [], etc.

If you adjust these match lines I'm sure they will be able to be
integrated.

Brandon

Brandon,

        Thanks for the feedback.  I have corrected the file based on
the first and third items above.  I am not quite sure exactly what
you were trying to say in the second item, but I can tell you that the
same GetRequest probe returns HTTP/1.1 for the 200 response and HTTP/1.0
to the 401 response.

Thanks again,

Tom